Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Viva Las Vegas!

So-I had a great time out west visiting my family and going to Vegas again! I love going with people to a place I have been but they have never seen. I love seeing reactions and how excited people get. The whole reason for the trip and the way it was made possible are in the photo:
This is my grandmother and little Harris David Compton. My grandmother flew her husband (a miracle in itself b/c my grandfather doesn't like planes which probably wasn't helped by the fact that his stint and my grandmother's new knee set off the security alarms and caused them to be pulled into a room and searched), my aunt, her daughter, my uncle, my mother and myself all out to Phoenix, AZ to see this little boy, the newest addition to our rather large, and growing larger family.

This is my mom and her siblings.


This was my first trip out to see his family at their house and I just couldn't resist the neighbor's cactus! Oh the saguaro! This is their other child, Adeline picking her "yellow" lemon from the not yet ripened tree. This is my grandfather holding his youngest grandson!

So every trip out west has had a theme side trip. Last time (I was not present) the group went to see old Sedona, Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon. This time, my host Uncle Glen, rented the awesome Sienna mini van and we were headed to Vegas!

Viva Las Vegas was our them song and here was our posse! I got to sit shotgun with my Uncle Glen (aka Jesus) and we had a great time seeing the western part of our country. He had taken this trip via his Harley last time and got to see some of his old stops.


This is the proof we were in the desert. It was sooo pretty.


And what family vacation is complete without a dam stop? Here is the dam sign and I have more pics from the dam store. This is my cousin Jessica modeling in the dam picture.


Finally we got to our destination and had a lovely stay at the Mirage. The females when to see the Phantom of the Opera at the Venetian. I have wanted to see the musical since my grade school friend, Leila, saw it in middle school. It was fantastic and I plan to see it again when it comes to Houston next year! The rest of the pics are from around Vegas, with mom, at the Conservatory in the Bellagio and one last pic...my favorite people. A "flicker" !



Needless to say, the trip was so wonderful. My grandmother even flew out her own roast compliments of her carry on bag and made her homemade biscuits. The taste of home.

No comments: