Friday, November 7, 2008

What's been going on...

So when I started blogging, thought I would be more regular about writing...but I am a little behind. So-

Since we have been in Texas we have been to Austin. It was neat seeing another state's capital/college bar town. I walked through the capital building and went on a Duck Tour. Jason and I saw the bats fly out from under the bridge and rode in a pedicab. While we were on the pedicab we were talking to our driver whose name was Trevor. We happened to ask him about a magic store that we thought we saw but didn't really because there wasn't one in Austin. As it turns out, he was a magician and we went to see his table act the next night at Spaghetti Warehouse. We had a wonderful time exploring a new city and had some delightful deserts at Trulucks Seafood. Here are some pics:

This was taken outside of the Blue Bell Factory-we couldn't resist a pit stop in Brenham, TX to see where one of my favorite deserts are made.



Here is the Texas Capital:Here is one of our deserts at Trulucks:




This is the Driskill Hotel-it is really old, said to haunted and some really famous people stayed here.

Then on Sunday while we were in Austin, we went driving around to see the area and discovered this cool bridge.Jason got to go to the Wings Over Houston air show with Black Hawk helicopters. He saw some reenactments and other war stuff.
This is my current favorite flavor of ice cream. This is Centennial Cupcake in celebration of the Texas branch of 4H's 100 years. It is cake batter ice cream with fudge swirls, balls of cake bits, and green clover sprinkles. I think you can only get it in Texas but if you see it-try it! It makes my day!


This was the extent of our Halloween festivities-carving pumpkins and dressing up Tilly. Can you guess which one we each carved?

Well that about sums up what we have been up to. No word yet on my second interview I had on Monday so I am still praying that God will present the perfect job opportunity for me. Next week, I leave on Tuesday to fly to Arizona to see my brand new baby cousin, Harris. I have never been out to visit my Uncle Glen's house/family in the desert and we are going to make a one night trip to Vegas. I am really looking forward to seeing Grandma, Grandpa, Mom, Bonnie (my aunt), Jessica (my cousin), Eddie (my other Uncle), and Glen's family. So I may post before then if I think of something else to write. Until then-have a great day and let me know what you are up to.

1 comment:

*Jess* said...

You guys have been up to a lot! How fun :) Miss you two like crazy! :)