Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas is here...and so are the Griswalds!

We have discovered another difference about Texas...how they decorate for Christmas. I love my southern greenery dressed in red bows for the windows and doors. Here it is all about your light displays. So my family will be happy to know that I am not missing out on the lights in Virginia because apparently the Griswalds live down the road. Here is there house:



Then we found another family on the other side of the community who went bigger. Many neighborhoods here have lingo written in on your Home owners association papers that you have to decorate your house for Christmas. In the community we live in, you don't have to but there is a contest and this house won last year. I think they might win again:



I have not taken pics of our humble decorations yet but I will post those soon. We are also going to travel to one of those "required to decorate" communities tonight. I will put up the best places for you to see. Until then...I hope you are enjoying this Christmas season!

1 comment:

*Jess* said...

wow. I mean, wow. Brian wants to know what their power bills are!

And we have red bows and green garland!