Friday, November 2, 2012

Grayson has a room!

This pregnancy was way different in a number of ways-physically tiring, some sickness and nesting.  Since we were moving into our new house within Grayson's first month and the fact that our rental had no other bedroom for Grayson (no big deal because he is still in our room for now anyway) I never got to nest and create a space our our little boy until we got here.  Then the real craziness began!  I attempted to unpack, organize, clean, entertain a toddler, and feed a newborn all at the same time.  Needless to say, getting Grayson's room finished was not the quickest or easiest thing to accomplish.  I knew everything I wanted to do, just had to find the time in between everything else to get it done.  Aside from a few pictures in frames and one more thing to put on the wall at the entrance to his room, it is finished.  I knew when I got pregnant with Spencer that I wanted neutral nursery bedding because you can only use it for so long and then you get very little for it(if any) in resale.  Spencer moved up to a big girl bed when we moved to this house (will be shown in a later post) and took the dresser we orginially used in her nursery.  Jason and I got new bedroom furniture for the new house and so our old dresser became Grayson's.  It actually matches the crib better than the one Spencer used.  Here is our boy's first real room he has yet to sleep in:
The view from the hallway.  I did have to purchase some more valences for the window because his room has two windows and we previously only had one.

 His name above the bed.

 This is an adorable stool below the rocking chair I got at my shower for him.  The teddy bear is a gift from my Grandmother.

 This is the sign I painted and these pictures were in my nursery.  The white outfit on the door was Grayson's baby dedication outfit.

 This blue ribbon was on the door of our hospital room when we had Grayson.
 Grayson' first Lego that is personalized!  The blue heart was used in our maternity pictures.
 A monogrammed brush.
 A close up of the Lego.
Here is Grayson's monogrammed silver cup and sliver bank from my other Grandmother.  It also have very old coins my grandparents collected over the years.