Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Gender Reveals to Friends and Family

The day after our doctor's appointment, we were traveling to Virginia for my grandfather's 80th birthday.  Then we were heading to Anderson to see Jason's family so we thought, we will just tell them in person.   But we had a small gender reveal party her for our friends the night we found out.  That day was so hard because I met my MOPS group at Hobby Lobby right after our appointment.  I wanted to tell them but was waiting for the party.  I did let them know that we did find out for sure.  My friend Jen said that it must be a girl because if it was a boy I would not be able to stop myself from buying some boy stuff to make for him.   So I threw together this small party in two days. 
"Whooooo is coming in August?"  This sign was on the front door.
 In our entryway:
 Drinks and cups and plates for the party:
 A place to cast your vote:
 Spring peeps:
 Party favors:

Our Family:

 Jason cutting the cake:
 The icing revealed what we were having:

 I just love Jason's face here:

My friend Jen's daughter, Campbell, said before I got pregnant, that the next baby would be a boy because Spencer likes boys.  Then when I got pregnant she still said it was a boy because Spencer needed a boy.  Right before she found out, she voted girl though.  Jen said Campbell was going to pick boy but then she saw that her mom voted girl so she changed her vote.

Then we went to Virginia to see my family.  Here are my maternal grandparents-he is the one turning 80.

 After his birthday show of sorts, we had my dad and my grandfather open the box of balloons to reveal what we were having. 
 Its a boy!
 Spencer was getting especially interested in the balloons.



 The next day we went to my dad's mom's house and used the same box of balloons. 
 My dad and his mom opened the box

 We took the same voting board to all the parties.  Here are the votes so far.
 Again Spencer was excited about the balloons.


 Finally at Jason's parents, the last votes were cast.


 The cake was readied:
 And the cut was made:
So we are having a boy and everyone knows it!  Next up...naming this baby!

No comments: