Thursday, August 23, 2012

Spencer is 2...WHAT???????

On August 11, just 9 days after becoming a big sister, my little girl turned two.   TWO!!!!  My little girl seems to get bigger every day now.  This month she became a big sister (and a great one at that), turned 2, will be moving into her third bedroom, and switching from a crib to a big girl bed just in time to start 2 day a week preschool at the beginning of next month.  I am not sure I am ready for all this growing up for my baby girl.

Since I only had my birth experience with Spencer to remember, I wasn't sure how I would feel just 9 days after having a c-section for Spencer's birthday.  Therefore, we did not plan a large birthday party for her.  But I did want her to do some special things on her birthday-as long as I felt okay getting out and about.  Fortunately for me and for Spencer, the birth of her brother did not do me in like it did with her so we were ready for a fun day on Spencer 's big day.  We are planning on a trip to Riverbanks Zoo sometime in September for a belated birthday trip since we have an animal loving girl!

This is Spencer's last picture as a one year old:
Oddly enough-starting with our newborn photo shoot-Spencer has regained her posing ability for the camera.  Maybe that is part of her growing up phase too??


 Just like last year, Jason and I filled the floor of her room in the morning with balloons.  This year they were all pink.  Again-she LOVED it!!!  Later her PawPaw put them all in her crib and she didn't want to get out! She opened some presents and read a book.






Daddy made Spencer a yummy breakfast ...


...and then after lunch we headed to the mall for some fun.  I wanted to get Spencer a cookie at one of those mall cookie stores-but the mall we went to did not have one.  However, she did see the merry-go-round in the food court and wanted to ride-as in she started crying because we couldn't get her on it right away.  My parents were in town and dad said he would ride with her  She was soooo excited in line. 



Then came time for her to get on the ride.  Dad put her on a cute outside horse and you would have thought we had given her a shot!   She screamed.  So I suggested the carriage where you sit on a bench and ride the merry-go-round.   Once dad put her in that she was much happier and rode the entire ride laughing and smiling! 





Then came the big event-we took Spencer to let her make her first Build-A-Bear.   We let her pick an animal, she helped stuff it and picked out an outfit for her dog to wear.  She really liked the dog's shoes.  Then she played a while on the indoor playground there. 








Next post I will show you her cake.  Happy Birthday to my big girl!  We love you Spencer!

No comments: