Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Our Newborn Shoot

One of the many frustrating things about moving to a new place, among finding doctors, your way around, and new friends-is finding people to do services for you that you used to have a list of names who could help in your old town.  I don't know how military people do this moving thing all the time-especially with children.

In Houston, we knew several photographers but here I didn't know many but have since found 2 I really like.  We loved our maternity session with Heather and got her booked to do our newborn session in our house.  I was hoping at the beginning of the pregnancy that we might be in our new house by then...but that was not the case.  Since my kids' birthdays are a mere 9 days apart and I had already attempted two disastrous trips to Portrait Innovations with Spencer, I also wanted a shot-just one- of Spencer by herself for her two year pics.  I wasn't really hoping for more than one because Spencer has recently taken to not wanting to be in front of the camera lens until the night before her second birthday.  More on that later.

Heather agreed to attempt one with Spencer and we also copied some poses from her newborn session with Grayson:
 Spencer above and Grayson below:











Even though it is easy to tell who is who-at least I think so-I love how much my babies look alike in the pics.  I can't wait to get some of these framed nearby in our new house.

And some that are uniquely Grayson:


 Grayson in his "gray"hat!

And Spencer's Two year pics:


I love these faces because this is what I see every day with my big girl!

And finally our family:


2 comments:

Dodi Williams said...

Great pictures!!

*Jess* said...

beautiful! And they really do look alike :)