Thursday, November 10, 2011

What have I been up to?

Last April, when God answered one of the biggest prayers in my heart, I had this vision for what being a stay at home mom would look like for me. I guess it is kind of like when you are pregnant with your first child and you image how it will be to become a mother and take care of your baby knowing nothing about what real life with a baby is about. I imagined that when we moved and I didn't have to run off to school every morning Spencer and I would do crafty projects and make cookies and the house would be clean and I would not feel tired all the time like when I was working. I would blog at least once a week and become a good cook. Heck-I also imagined that I would become one with my sewing machine and start whipping up some dresses/outfits for Spencer-you know the regular super momma domestic diva all rolled into one!

HA HA HA HA HA HA-this is me laughing at myself.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being a stay at home mom. And I am grateful to God for making this happen for our family. But it is nothing like I thought it would be. Definitely not the "I wouldn't be tired all the time" part. And obviously I need to blog more.

We get up, get ready, play, eat breakfast, I clean, do laundry, read children's books, clean, eat, nap (Spencer, not me) as I clean, organize, and then she wakes up and we read, eat, and you guessed it-I clean again. But I wouldn't trade it for anything. I love seeing my daughter discover new things, I love seeing her playing with her toys and pretending to take care of her baby doll. I love seeing her try new foods, find her favorite books and watching her gain confidence in her locomotive abilities.

But I do feel like time has sped up even faster as I have been taking care of her. I just wish it would slow down. What I am learning as I stay home with my baby girl is to treasure our time together. I am also learning to forgive myself if the house isn't perfect or we didn't get everything done that I wanted to because we played longer doing something Spencer enjoyed or she needed to nap longer because she was really tired. And right now I think that is the most important thing about being a mom!

No comments: