Friday, December 14, 2012

Decking the halls...

This is the first Christmas in our new home.  During our married life we have lived in 5 places.  This is the first place we see ourselves staying for a long while.  That means that all the Christmas stuff I have collected that may have worked in a previous house but doesn't work in this house is getting donated.  It also means that because this is the biggest place we have lived, I had to figure out how I wanted our stuff to adorn our holiday halls.  I have more plans for the inside and outside next year but due to budget and time this is what I came up with for this year.

This is above our kitchen cabinets:
 Our mantle with our new stockings:
 Our Hallmark ornament tree:
 The Clemson tree in the dining room:
 The dining room table complete with our family's initials hanging from the chandelier:
 My manger scene with my Grandfather's Bible open to Luke Chapter 2.  The old hymnal from my home church was opened to Hark the Harold Angles sing but a certain 2 year old closed it :)



The staircase as you walk in the front door.  Next year I want to add some greenery.  You can also see where the Clemson tree is located with respect to the front door:
 The front door.  This is my pinterest wreath from last year that I love!

Here are the only two wreaths I put on the windows outside:

 My chalkboard mirror:
 My pantry door cookie cutter wreath:



No comments: