Thursday, June 11, 2009

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah....so I know I need to write more...

Well, as with many of my adventures in journaling/blogging...I sometimes have a lapse in time but I do eventually come back. So what has been going on? Well first, SCHOOLSSSS OUT FOR SUMMER! So I finished out the school year as a kinder aide and I enjoyed getting to know so many students and teachers. It was nice to be able to travel around to different teacher's rooms and see all there neat ideas and creative ways to engage students. I also have a job teaching next year...but the kicker is that I don't know which grade yet. I could potientally be any where from 1st all the way to 6th. The district I work in tends to hire you then figure out where they need you based on the real numbers-meaning I could get moved even after the school year starts. We are praying that I find out this summer and get to stay in that position. I am really excited about the school I will be working at because the staff strives to reach for the kids success and is very knowledgeable about instructional techniques. I will post when I find out what I will be teaching.

And being that we live in Texas-our summer actually started about a month ago according to the heat index. It is hot already but we are swimming a lot and staying cool. We are coming home for about 2 weeks in July and we hope to get around to seeing our friends and family.

Jason is still doing well. His job is very busy but, based on the economy, I am glad there is more to do rather than less. Evee and Tilly are still about the same. Houston weather can really bring out a dog's allergies though. Tilly has had to don a lovely plastic collar so that she won't scratch/bit at her bug bites on two occasions already.


I also went home to see my parents and grandparents for Spring Break. My grandmother was a litttle less than thrilled with my new jewelry...it was the first thing she told my uncle on his long-distance phone call.

OH...and the other thing that is going on here...all of our friends are having babies. I guess that is not just going on here but at home and with our other college friends to-Michelle, Dana, Claire, Mandy, Shannon, Beth, Shelley-Shout out of congratulations to you all! This is my current favorite shower gift if the baby(ies) is a boy.

Well...I will blog more later to catch up on other events as I remember them. Until then...have a great day everyone!

No comments: